Monday, September 8, 2008

One of the scariest moments of my life

So this evening we were running errands (Dave, Jack and me) and Jack wanted "Num nums"...well all I had was a dum dum sucker that he had gotten at the bank so I gave it to him. Pretty quickly he said "All done" and handed me the stick. I thought to myself that was quick and saw him chewing and assumed that he was chewing it up. A couple of seconds later he starts to cough and I turn around to see him choking...As Dave said "Get back there" I was taking off my seat belt and took my index finger and scooped out the little sucker ball from the middle of his espophagus. Apparently during this time Dave was asking me all sorts of questions that I was not answering as Jack proceeded to throw up all over me and his car seat. I have never been soooo scared in my entire life...I had heard you arent supposed to put your finger in there if a child is choking (your supposed to hit their back) but that was all I could do in that situation. Jack was fine and laughing a few seconds later but both parents were pretty shaken up for the rest of the night.

NEEDLESS TO SAY SUCKERS OF ALL KIND ARE NOW BANNED UNTIL HE IS EIGHTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Daniel Wilson said...

Wow! That is scary. Glad to hear everyone is okay. Throw up in a car though is never fun. Good thing it wasn't a Tootsie Roll pop!