Monday, August 11, 2008

Here's the story of an airhead named Robyn...

As many of you know and maybe some do not -- I am not a Wal Mart shopper. Never really have been, I am a Target girl. However in an effort to save money I am now going through ALL the ads in the Sunday paper. Lo and behold, Wal Mart had Kraft Mac n Cheese 2 for $1 and boxes of crayons for .22 so I decided to do it.

So I buy my items and am walking out. I have been overcharged at some other stores (ie. being charged for 21 cucumbers at one store)so I am getting very diligent about checking my receipt. Oh no I got overcharged for my mac n cheese --- So I walk into customer service and walk up to the guy. I said nicely " I was overcharged for my mac n cheese, they are 2 for $1 and the cashier charged me .50 a box." He looked at me and said "Ma'am that is 2 for $1". I have never left a store so quickly. Must be that new math.

2 comments:

Rebecca Pittman said...

That is hillarious!!!! I think that you are just gutsy to share that story with the rest of us! Also...if you ever dare go back to Wal-mart...they will ad match so you don't have to go to 12 different stores and waste all the gas. But they won't double coupons and stuff like that. Good luck with that new math!

Daniel Wilson said...

Robyn, I think your story is hilarious as well! But I think that you are wise to always check your reciepts. McDonalds always overcharges for Happy meals. If you check the reciept, they break it up and charge you for things seperate(i.e. drink and hamburger/fries are rung up seperatly) If you add the amounts together I bet they will have overcharged you by about 10 cents or so. Check it the next time you go and buy a Happy Meal.