Sunday, August 24, 2008

In Memory of Frank David Orahood 4.20.36 - 8.24.02

Six years ago today is the day that my father went to be with the Lord. He was the funniest most loving man I have ever met. When I look into my son's eyes I see my Dad there especially when he gives me a certain look or just wants to hold my hand. Hold your loved ones close every day because you never know what tomorrow brings. I love you all!! Rest in peace and I love you daddy!

I will never forget how when my Dad passed away I kept begging God for a sign that he was okay. Several weeks later, our whole family was gathered to take a trip to Ensenada in Mexico where my Dad wanted his ashes spread. We had had a house there for as long as I could remember and I think that my Dad was happiest there. So the night before we left I had the most peaceful dream about dolphins and it was the first night since he died that I had a restful night.

So the next day I was so affected by this dream that I told everyone in the family especially my nieces Kali, Alisa and Megan. So when we got to Mexico the four of us walked onto the beach and right in front of us were about 8 dolphins in front of us swimming. My neices were so excited because they too knew that my Dad was finally at peace and sending me his sign that he was okay.

2 comments:

Daniel Wilson said...

What a wonderful experience! Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

Rebecca Pittman said...

To have a daughter like you he must have been an amazing man. Share your memories with Jack and he will know him. I'm sure that your dad met Jack before Jack came to join you and Dave. Keep the memories alive and tell the stories and Jack will be able to remember and know his grandfather that loves him so very much. I am so grateful to know that our families are forever relationships that we have and that death can't take that away. Good luck today.